April 27, 2010

Mythos


I think I may have used this title before, but I honestly can't remember. This is "Mythos" now, I guess. Last in-class drawing from Illusionism.... Ever. I'm really going to miss this class, though I can think of a few others I'm glad to be nearing the end of. The idea was to work with something intangible; vibrations, magnetism, gravity, emotion, etc. I chose to consider consciousness; specifically, the collective consciousness of mythology and fairy tales. My idea was to make an image that feels like a story, but you can't think of what it is. You think you've heard it, but you don't remember the details. This is probably my favorite piece out of this class all semester, I'm really proud of how it came out.

1 comment:

Rachel Stark said...

Your illusionism drawings rock my neon-complimentary-colored socks.