October 4, 2008

Sketches I promised, so sketches it is! Some of these are for projects, some are just from my sketchbook and my own amusement.

These are the character design sketches for a Character Development piece (which I'll be posting in a few minutes). Dinos versus astronauts, GO!







Just from my sketchbook--my character Romney, as an angel. He has little tiny nightingale wings. I'm working on coloring this one, just for fun.













The sketch for the next Concepts piece I'm doing--my class is working on designs for this year's halloween part posters! The theme will be circus/ funhouse/ freakshow. This is why I shouldn't be allowed to sketch in the middle of the night. Bad color is from lazy scanning and really light pencils.










And last but certainly not least, this is the half-color-mockup'd compilation of the sketches for a big piece I'm working on for my own amusement--a group of chracter portraits for Meg and my steampunk world! I'm going to do them all in watercolor, and the figures are about 8" tall, with relative heights and builds taken into consideration.
Left to right: Adrienne, Al, Romney, Kyu, Cain, Rufus, and Captain Riverhawk. Jager to be added.

1 comment:

cait o said...

The sketch for the next Concepts piece I'm doing--my class is working on designs for this year's halloween part posters! The theme will be circus/ funhouse/ freakshow.

AAAAAUGH that sounds cool, why can't we be doing something awesomely fun like that? I even wouldn't mind the handtext if we were doing something like that. I like your two people sewn together. :3

Also also, your steampunk ish cool. I like Kyu and Captain Riverhawk's designs.