February 20, 2009

Depending on You

I'm bad at uploading, I know. I have piles of stuff to show; not my last project, because it's not done to my satisfaction, but lots and lots of sketches. And the Godlings finals. Those, I'll try to get up tonight. But, for now, new sketches! These are for my Concepts II class. The assignment is to find an interesting and clear way to illustrate a complex concept, as though to accompany an article, though gallery pieces are also a legitimate way to go. I chose the conflict in Darfur for my topic. I have a list of 10 concepts/ideas, and then these are what came out; I started out with a more editorial mindset, but then I thought, "You know what, given the choice, I like to draw big weird monsters. Or skinny people in gas masks--yeah, that's it!" I didn't take the last two seriously, but my group/teacher actually all agreed on the gas mask sketch, so that's the one going to gloriously dark and creepy final!

No comments: